Search engine traffic – what marketer doesn’t want more of it? After all, almost everyone is using the Internet to get more prospects today..
So just how do you get more search engine traffic?
Here are my top tips:
- Write and distribute articles. You may have heard this tip already, but it is without a doubt one of the absolute best ways to drive traffic to your website. Each article you distribute to the directories could mean many potential one-way links back to your websites. But know that times have changed. Just putting them on article repositories is no longer enough to get higher in Google or Yahoo. You need to have a system for to distribute your content in a specific order to get the best results. (I created my own system with Michele PW that helps take content and distribute it in a methodical way. Check out www.contenttoprofit.com. This system means more visitors who read your content and click over for more information. But it also means higher ranking within the search engines themselves. Search engines love incoming one-way links, and the more articles you distribute the more back links you’ll get.
- Use offline methods. Believe it or not, 67% of all traffic comes from an offline source first – not a link from a website. So capitalize on this (because most people forget about the prospects in the offline world) and use items like press releases, direct mail, postcards and more. And if you are clever, you’ll have a system that helps you create that content without reinventing the wheel.
- Write great original content. Great online content is to search engines what honey is to bees. They absolutely love it. The content on your website and blog should be helpful, informative and as up-to-date as possible. Adding regular fresh content will be appreciated by your human visitors as well as the search engines.
- Optimize your content. Search engines are sophisticated but they still can’t find your content unless you optimize it fully. Ensure all your content online includes a title tag, the appropriate keywords and a short description.
- Do your keyword research. Search engines and human visitors use keywords to find your website. Your keywords are the lifeblood of your business. It pays to take a little extra time to get this step right. Some keywords can bring thousands of repeat customers to your website for years. Other keywords won’t be found or rated at all. Use a good keyword tool like Word Tracker to find the ultimate keywords for your market. Then use them on your website intertwined with fantastic quality content.
Getting quality search engine traffic does take a little work, but it’s very well worth it in the long run. But I want to help make it easier. Join me on April 7 for the free call on 3 Secrets to Attracting All the Clients and Business You Desire – No Matter What! Go to http://www.contenttoprofit.com/freecall