It’s not easy to grow an email list. A lot of people just set up a squeeze (or landing page) and wonder why their list isn’t growing by leaps and bounds.
Often it comes down to one thing: the hopeful list builder hasn’t gained the potential subscriber’s trust.
Here are some additional tips to help you make sure you establish trust, so more people can opt-in to your list:
1) Don’t sell (at least not while trying to get people to sign up to your list). It’s true that people are more likely to buy from you in the first seven days after subscribing, but it’s not smart to pitch them to buy to get them on your list, or provide offers on the same page as your opt-in page.
2) Be yourself. Many companies, as well as individuals, tend to project a perfect image of themselves wherever they appear believing that they will earn more trust from that. Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is corporate marketing talk doesn’t earn trust. In lieu of that, connect with your audience by setting up a personal ‘company’ blog and write your blog entries in your own words. Be transparent about what you’re talking about. Encourage your readers to leave their comments. That also means not to say ‘we’ when you are just a solo professional.
3) Show your audience/subscribers that you care and that you understand their needs. Reply to all the emails you receive from your audience/subscribers. Check out forums (even those that aren’t your own), as well as social networking sites, and respond to the issues raised about you/your company/your products. Make a site dedicated to hearing feedback and addressing all of your audience’s issues.
4) Be an expert in your field. Gain trust by establishing credibility in your industry. Write and submit articles (relevant to your industry) to article directories/submission sites. Answer Help a Reporter Out inquiries to can show off your expertise and knowledge. Show your audience that you know what you are talking about.
5) Be true to your customers. There’s a very good chance that your audience/subscribers/customers will recommend you to other people if they’re happy with you. So, be honest and transparent. If you want to hype up your products and services, make sure to provide guarantees. And make sure that there’s consistency in the service you provide.
Gaining a potential subscriber’s trust is essential, not only when they decide to buy from you, but at the beginning of their relationship with you: when they opt-in.
Looking to grow your list fast? check out Fast List Growth at http://FastListGrowth.com