Did you know that:
- 58 percent of journalists on Facebook?
- 51 percent are on Linked In?
- 22 percent of reporters are using Twitter?
That’s according to PR Week‘s most recent media survey of more than 2000 journalists.
For you, it means there are more opportunities than ever to be able to reach the media to establish a media presence and get free publicity.
However, basic public relations rules still apply: You must do your due diligence before pitching a journalists.
There are several lists out there of journalists on such social media sites, but before you just collect the names and send them your stuff, you still need to make sure they are interested in what you have to say. After all, a technology reporter is not going to be interested in your nutrition coaching program.
And you’ll also want to check if a given journalist prefers a pitch via social media (most don’t, by the way.)
Thinking of using social media as part of your PR plan to expand your reach to attract more prospects?
Then join me as I interview my friend and online marketing expert Leesa Barnes when she shares the 5 Ways to Attract All the Leads You Can Handle Using Social Media on Monday, June 22 at 8:00 PM EDT, as part of the Penny Pinching Publicity teleseries.
Award winning blogger, podcasting expert and social media marketing maven, Leesa Barnes, is author of the critically acclaimed book, Podcasting for Profit: A Proven 7 Step Process to Help Individuals and Businesses Can Generate Income Through Audio & Video Podcasting.
As a Penny Pinching Publicity member, you’ll also get all of this month’s exclusive business-building & marketing tactics including:
1) This month’s ebook: Get Free Publicity with Social Networking. Learn all about how this new ‘fad’ can help you attract more prospects. You’ll learn:
* Why Social Media?
* How to write for blogs, without having one
* Why you might want to consider blogging to get journalists to come
* How to Twitter your way to the top
* Using Social News to get more leverage
* and much more
2) This month’s fill-in-the-blank press release: Your Company Launches New Facebook Group Page Just plug in the needed information and send it out according to the exclusive how to reach the media guide.
3) A recording of my own teleconference call: Publicity in a Web 2.0 World: How to Attract More Prospects and Make More Money with Online Publicity
4) and much more, including media profiles, additional tips and advice and laser coaching
Get all this for the month of June and more for only $47 by signing up at