As we speak, I’m looking for the next live event I’ll be attending. And I’m excited about the opportunity.
After all, as much as I love working at home, I need to get out there once in a while. Plus, there are some great reasons why anyone should attend an event:
- We need to get out! Okay, I sort of alluded to this one already, but seriously working solo, even with great virtual friends and colleagues is a lonely business. We are human and we need connections and interactions. And nothing is better than attending a live event to get them!
- Making real connections. Networking and making connections can last a lifetime – and ultimately be very, very profitable. For example, I had been friends with Felicia Slattery online for a couple years before we finally met at a live event. It was kismet. It took our relationship to another level and soon we become mastermind partners, and have done several JVs since, including creating our our programs. But there are many people I’ve met at live events I’ve attended or spoke at which have allowed me to co-author bestselling books, create amazing products and found some great cheerleaders.
- The energy is amazing. This may sound a little woo-woo, but it’s really not. Nearly everyone you will meet at an event is excited. And that excitement is viral. You often leave a live event feeling good, feeling positive and feeling inspired.
- You’re taken seriously. If you are going to live events for your business, everyone knows you are serious about making your business as successful as possible.
- You will learn. Funny thing about this… it may not be what you expect or what’s written on the sales page to get you to attend. But I promise you, you will learn at a live event!
- You can make money. At every live event I have attend, I got new clients and customers. Sure, I worked for it, but they payoff was sweet!
- You can make MORE money. One of the ways I make more money is by getting companies to sponsor me to attend. They underwrite my registration fee, travel, food, lodging and even clothing! So I am in the black before I even set foot at the event. And one of my special ‘tricks’ is to get a sponsor to give me gifts to hand out to people. It’s a great way to build buzz and easily network at the event.
What are the benefits you find when you attend a live event?