I’m not a procrastinator by nature, but it seems procrastination has sneak up behind me, whispering little things to keep me distracted from the big picture lately. So much so, I’m behind on some projects I consider important, like getting my new home study Sponsorship Made Simple program done.
For the most part, procrastination is a habit – a deeply ingrained pattern of behavior. That means that you will not just break it overnight. But sometimes we need a little more than just a to-do list (which can lead to overwhelm and more procrastination – at least in my case!). Here are some general tips will help gve you a little kick in the pants when you need it:
- Make up your own rewards. For instance, promise yourself a chocolate bar at lunchtime if you have completed a certain task. In addition, make sure you notice how good it feels to finish things!
- Ask someone else to check up on you. Peer pressure works! This is the principle behind slimming and other self-help groups, and it is widely recognized as a highly effective approach.
- Identify the unpleasant consequences of NOT doing the task. How much is not getting this thing done worth to you? For example, I am certainly leaving money on the table by not getting the Sponsorship Made Simple program ‘on the shelves’ since I am getting requests for it!
- Work out the cost of your time. Shame yourself into stopping procrastination by understanding your hourly value (how much you are making per hour)!
- Get a hard task done first thing, every day! Funny, when you get the crappy stuff out of the way, things seem to get easier as the day progresses.
So how am I getting my Sponsorship Made Simple program done? I am using a combination of rewards and guilt to get out of procrastination. You see, I have only two more modules to record and it’s ready. So I’ve decided to hold a pre-launch sale for those who want the program at a reduced price.
Sponsorship Made Simple is one the programs I am most noted for, as it shows you how to work with companies to pay you for what you’re already doing. And sponsorship isn’t just for your own live events like my Business CHARM School. It’s for any and all your marketing from ezines to telesummits, from webinars to radio shows – and everything in between.
Although the sales page isn’t quite complete (after all, I haven’t finished the recordings yet), I decided that if I opened up the website to sales NOW, your investment would give me the kick in the pants I need to get this done once and for all.
So what’s in this for you?
First, a super discount. When Sponsorship Made Simple is created, I’ll be selling the complete home study course for $697. However, if you invest now before it’s available (sometime in November), you’ll get it for only $497. As soon as the product is available, I will mail it to you.
Second, you won’t have to wait to get started. I would hate that. So I will give you access to all the recordings, transcripts, worksheets, etc. from the last time I presented the Sponsorship Made Simple Academy. You’ll get to listen to the teleseminars, and access all the same materials they had, including coaching time with me privately, as soon as you invest in this program.
This is a win-win for us both. So go now to check out Sponsorship Made Simple now at http://sponsorshipmadesimple.com
The basics are there… just ignore any dates that the sales page mentions. Then click on the ‘Purchase Now’ button to save $200 now.