Companies will give away more than $17 BILLION this year.
Want a piece of that pie?
From the desk of Shannon Cherry
Sponsorship expert and visibility pro
Let me cut to the chase…
I know you want to be more visible: book more speaking gigs, become a bestselling author or expand your reach with your podcast. And you are getting there… but what if you could find others to PAY you to be more visible?
It is possible! Since you already have an audience for your project, you can get corporate sponsors to underwrite your expenses, and then some! As a matter of fact, sponsorships will not only cover your expenses, but can even make a profit before you get started!
Look: it’s stressful enough to put a visibility project together; wouldn’t it be better to have one less thing to worry about? (And that would be how you’re going to fund your project.)
It’s time to learn the real secrets of how to get high paying, big name sponsors to that most successful entrepreneurs aren’t sharing.
Getting sponsored has long been a secret tightly held by the people who have actually gotten sponsored. This was because they were afraid that if they revealed their secrets, there might not be enough sponsorship dollars for them in the future.
That’s just plain silly. Every year there are billions of sponsorship dollars along with tens of millions of dollars in free products that are never claimed.
In today’s economy, companies are looking for ways to stretch their advertising budgets even further. It can cost millions of dollars to produce and run a 30-second television commercial. Radio and print advertising can be costly as well.
Sponsorships, on the other hand, allow companies to get their products in front of the people who may actually want to buy them without the huge investment of traditional advertising. It might seem counter-intuitive, but the worse the economy gets, the more companies there are looking for alternative ways to promote themselves.
How do I know this?
I’m Shannon Cherry a business and marketing strategist. For more than 15 years, I’ve been helping organizations secure hundreds of thousands of dollars in sponsorships.
Most people know me as that red-headed spitfire who helps get people on Oprah. And that’s true. But behind the scenes, I’ve been helping a select few build an impressive roster of sponsors to increase their visibility, credibility and profits. And not just a few thousand dollars, but this year alone, sponsorships totaling six figures!
Using my skills as a publicity pro and relationship builder, I’ve landed big money deals making strategic financial partnerships with companies including ReadyTalk, Borders, Pepsi, Fed-Ex, Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruises, Gwynnie Bee, Dell and many more.
Just making one of these sponsorship mistakes could cost you THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS
I am going to come right out and say this I cringe when I see some of the mistakes people are making as they try to secure sponsorships – some which are even advised by other ‘so-called’ sponsorship experts.
- Sending out the same sponsorship proposal to every potential sponsor, hoping someone will bite.
- Publicly begging for sponsors in social media or on your podcast or blog. (It really looks desperate.)
- Using a powerpoint presentation instead of a proposal and sending every sponsor to view it beforehand.
- Confusing sponsorship with advertising, which confuses potential sponsors.
- Giving a selection of options for sponsorship, assuming it’s really a matter of how much sponsors want to spend.
- Asking the other people you know in your field to sponsor you – or worse, asking your clients and customers!
And those mistakes are the tip of the iceberg. Your goal with sponsorship is to MAKE MORE MONEY, not create efforts that wastes your time, efforts and money! That’s why I’m now ready to SPILL THE BEANS to an exclusive group of smart professionals ready to create a huge visibility platform!
Look, you may have been hesitant before to jump into getting sponsors before because you didn’t think you were ready. Or perhaps, you’ve already tried to get sponsors but haven’t seen the results you want. That’s exactly why I created this unique mastermind which combines self study and mastermind support and accountability. Together, in just six weeks we will go from concept to securing big sponsors to underwrite the costs of your visibility endeavors (and maybe even get more money too boot)!
Now you may be thinking: ‘Surely there are resources I can use to do this myself, why should I mastermind with you, Shannon?’
And you’re right… you could do that, but as I mentioned, I’ve been studying the sponsorship process for about a decade and here’s what I’ve found:
There are a few problems with most of the ‘how to get sponsors’ resources available
- Most programs out there give you just one piece to the sponsorship puzzle: finding the right sponsors or writing the proposal. It is a rare few that offer a complete picture (often so they can upsell you into something else) and most don’t have the expertise and creative ideas I do to make sure you get a sponsor quickly.
- Most programs don’t focus on the strategy behind this process. Sure, you get some how-to steps. But without strategy, you can’t make the most of this opportunity. Leverage is the name of the game if you want the most success. (And if you know me at all, I’m all about leverage!)
- Most programs give you the how-to but not the accountability to get it done. It’s not enough to have the knowledge to accomplish this, you need to have support and some incentive to really get this finished FAST. (Believe me, I know because I have been there!)
So why else should you mastermind with me?
We’re doing this together, you and me. And you’ll be learning everything I have taken years to accumulate. I’ve seen what’s been good and what’s failed miserably. And I’ve had counsel from some of the top companies that offer sponsorships, so I have the inside scoop!
In addition, I have a real background in sponsorship – ON BOTH SIDES: as a sponsee and a representing a big company to give out sponsorships. As a matter of fact, I’ve been hired as a consultant to help one of the top healthcare companies in the US to beef up how they choose who they will sponsor. Plus, as a professional marketer and PR pro, I know how to make the most of visibility. Heck, I’ve gotten three of my clients on Oprah and a couple in the New York Times.
I know what works. And I want to share it with you!
Plus, I’ll be doing this along with you, side by side. So this mastermind isn’t just a how-to program. I want more results just like you, as I am starting to plan a speaking tour and even a podcast in the near future. So I am dedicated to making sure we get results together.
This is a rare opportunity to work side-by-side with me and a small group of dedicated, motivated sponsorship seekers.
Six weeks seems like very little time to get a sponsor, but if you are dedicated to the work, you will have a sponsor within eight weeks! As a matter of fact, one of my star students got her first sponsor within the first two weeks of learning from me. Check this out:
[wp_graphic id=”macbook” type=”video” align=”center” autoplay=”no” size=”big”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMIdWcsLIWQ&feature=g-all-u[/wp_graphic]
Plus, you know by now I’m all about fast, yet do-able results so it shouldn’t be a surprise that early on in the lessons, we’ll focus on strategies to get sponsors using my ‘low hanging fruit’ method. (I can’t wait to share with you how I’ve done this for myself – and share a special telephone script to get it done!)
Speaking of the lessons, let’s explore what you’ll be learning in each session to make sure this is the right program for you.
May 16 – Lesson 1:
Deciding on an irresistible project that will make potential sponsors take notice
Chances are you already have a project in mind… but most of my clients only look at the basics when it comes to sponsorship. The fact is that that a sponsor is not investing in a project, but YOU! So in this lesson, you’ll learn how to position your project with the right kind of framing that practically sells itself!
It’s vital to get this right so that all the other steps fall into place. Without this foundational element, any proposal you want to create for sponsors will be like a castle made of sand – it will fall apart the first time it’s put to the test.
In this lesson, I will personally teach you:
- The reverse-thinking you need to do BEFORE you even select a project to get sponsored. Once you learn this simple, yet powerful trick, you will see immediate sponsorship potential in every project you decide to do.
- How to answer the ‘million dollar question’: how much is this project worth to a sponsor? Finding out the REAL value of your project will bring you one step closer to that ideal sponsor: one that will gladly pay you for the privilege of partnering with you.
- The 5 questions you MUST ask yourself before moving forward with a project’s sponsorship plan. I don’t want your project to sound like a good sponsorship idea… I want you to be sure of it. The answers to these questions will make sure you’re ready, willing and able to get a company to pay you for your project.
- How to structure your project positioning to make it press the ‘Hot Buttons” of a sponsor, making it hard to say no to you. (Shhh… this is the secret to my very own success.)
- The top 3 traps most people fall into when trying to position their project. When you avoid these traps, you make your project look irresistible to a potential sponsor.
- And more!
May 22 – Lesson 2:
My paint-by-numbers secret formula for finding the right sponsors for your project who will pay you tons of $$ for partnering with you
This is the one element which makes my system for getting sponsors fool-proof. No more grasping in the dark, trying to figure out which companies to target. (That often leaves you without the BIG PAYOFF you want anyway… wasting your time and efforts.)
I’ll be holding your hand through this lesson as you learn:
- My easy, 3-part formula to create a ‘hit list’ of potential sponsors. No more crossing your fingers and hoping some big name company will take pity on you and say yes.
- Easily finding the ‘low hanging fruit’ of possible sponsors. Once you get some of these sponsors on board, it will actually be easier to get others!
- How to find the RIGHT person to reach at a company to begin selling your sponsorship idea. You’d be surprised how quickly you’ve ruined your chances for ever getting a company to pay you for your project when you don’t talk to the right person!
- The 5 super stealth tactics you need to do BEFORE ever approaching a potential sponsor. You’ll be leaving money on the table if you don’t follow these tactics. Trust me; this is my secret weapon!
- Where the big sponsorship money is. Not only will I show you how to find who’s giving out the big PAY DAYS, but how to tap into it.
- My simple strategy to prequalify potential sponsors, so you won’t waste your time or theirs. You’re going to laugh when you find out how easy this is – and why doing it will ensure your proposal gets read!
- and much more!
May 29 and June 5 – Lessons 3 and 4:
The RIGHT way to craft a winning sponsorship proposal that gets your potential sponsors to sit up and take notice
This is the make-or-break for your sponsorship. And what’s sad is most people in the sponsorship business will tell you it’s as simple as slapping a PowerPoint presentation together and emailing it out. If you do that, all your hard work will go up in flames.
In fact, this is what you can expect if you DON’T put together a persuasive, compelling sponsorship proposal:
- Prospective sponsors will tell you they think you have a great idea, but you’re not a good fit
- You’ll hold off on good projects and promotions because you’re waiting for someone to see the value of it
- You’ll be working harder to make money in everything you do
and the bottom line:
You won’t get sponsors!
Here’s the thing: you don’t have to have a degree in marketing, or major graphic design skills, or an uncle at some company to get sponsors. I’ll teach you my very specific formula that will make you a hot sponsorship commodity in no time.
(And let me tell you, it’s REALLY fun to hear a company say yes to your proposal…no matter how many times you hear it!)
In these sections, you’ll learn:
- The RIGHT language to use when reaching out to sponsors. If you want to play with the big guys, you better learn the right lingo – or take the chance of being dismissed as an amateur.
- The top benefits to offer a sponsor without underselling yourself. I’ll give you a hint here… if you think it’s about giving then space to hang a sign, you’re dead wrong!
- My exact strategies to make sure your proposal looks professional, but not ‘over the top.’ It’s a fine line between acceptable and outrageous in the sponsorship game. I’ll show you how to make sure you’re on the winning side.
- The top ways to quickly know if a potential sponsor’s ‘just not that into you.’ Sometimes you can save the sponsorship relationship, with a little bit of ‘flirting’. I’ll show you how to keep their attention AND when to cut bait!
- The BIGGEST mistakes most people make in their proposals. If you have these included, say bye-bye to that sponsor.
- And more!
June 12 – Lesson 5:
The Real Secret – the one others won’t tell you – on EXACTLY how to make sure you close the sponsorship deal
Let me be frank here. A lot of people who get hundreds of thousands of dollars from companies in sponsorships are going to be furious with me for revealing their ‘trade secret’. When you learn this coveted piece of information, you’ll be amazed at the results you’ll see.
In this lesson, I’m taking you step by step to learn:
- Exactly what you need to do (and, more importantly, when to do it) to see your sponsorship marketing results SKYROCKET!
- How to turn a maybe into a yes, without selling the farm.
- My personal play-by-play checklist to ensure you say exactly the right thing to a potential sponsor so they want to partner with you – EACH AND EVERY time.
- Little ‘tricks’ to get even more than you asked for from a sponsor
- and much more.
June 19 – Lesson 6:
How to continue the sponsorship after the project has ended – so you can keep getting paid with very little effort!
You know the old saying that it takes five times more effort and cost to get a new customer than a repeat customer? Well, the same holds true for sponsors.
These strategies will not only keep the sponsorship money coming in, but also allow you to EFFORTLESSLY attract new sponsors, who see other sponsors partnering with you and want to jump on board.
In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- A simple strategy that ALWAYS makes your sponsors happy to be working with you again and again. I use this with every sponsor so when I come back the next time, they’re already smiling and saying, ‘Of course… We love partnering with you!’
- The steps to get a sponsor to re-up or even increase their sponsorship commitment. These easy-to-do steps will always increase your profits each and every year.
- My little-known tip to get your sponsor to help initiate other sponsorship deals – and get them to think it was THEIR idea to help you!
- The top tips to leverage your new-found sponsorship credibility to get more sponsors AND customers.
- and much more!
Just So how are you going to learn all this with the exclusive Sponsorship Mastermind?
This is a highly specialized training, exclusively for people who already have some visibility with a podcast, as a speaker or an author. And I want to make sure you will learn everything they need to secure sponsorships the RIGHT way, right away, including:
- Find the right sponsors for your projects to pay you thousands of dollars a year
- Understand the different kinds of sponsorships and why you want both in your sponsorship plan
- Discover the real secret to knowing what makes a sponsor take notice of your proposal
- Avoid the top mistakes most people make when approaching a sponsor
- Leverage the media to attract sponsors
- Discover the top benefits you can offer a potential sponsor
- Craft a winning pitch letter and proposal. And know why you need both to make sponsors say ‘Yes!’
- Manage the sponsorships to get them coming back year after year
- And much, much more
So here’s what the entire Sponsorship Made Simple program looks like:
#1: 6 Sponsorship Lessons with accountability from me
The Friday before each lesson, you will receive a recorded training module so you can have ample time to go through the lesson before we meet for our mastermind group time. You can do these lessons at your own pace, in the comfort of your home. And to keep you accountable, I’ll be sending you action plans, inspiration and additional resources every so often via email, just to keep you on track with your goal of getting your first sponsorship quickly!
#2: Group Mastermind time.
On the following Thursday, at Noon ET/9 AM PT, we will meet to review the lesson, discuss best practices, applaud results and strategize for the ultimate results. And I will be personally sharing resources I only share with my private, one-on-one clients!
#3: Templates, samples, checklists and scripts
Not only am I going to personally hold your hand throughout your lessons, but I’ll be providing you with downloadable samples, checklists, scripts and templates that I reference on the videos. These are proven sponsorship marketing materials – ones I used for my clients and for myself – that you can use over and over again.
#4: MP3 recordings of the lessons
Prefer having your lessons more portable? No problem. You’ll also get each lesson in MP3 audio format, perfect for listening to on your computer, iPod or other portable MP3 player.
#5: 30-minute private sponsorship success strategy session with me.
One of the reasons I’ve done so well helping others with securing sponsorships is I instantly see the value in a project that someone wants sponsored.
So within the first two weeks of investing in the program, we’ll talk one-on-one about some potential projects you want to get sponsored. I’ll give you straightforward advice and ideas to take that project and make it sponsor-ready in no time. (My clients pay me $397+ for this session alone!)
[wp_graphic id=”testimonial3″ type=”testimonial” align=”center” image=”http://shannoncherry.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Leesa-e1363364390793.jpg” name=”Leesa Renee Hall” title=”leesareneehall.com”] Shannon’s open and straightforward approach not only makes it easy for anyone to get corporate partners, but keep them happy as well. Just in a few weeks, I’ve gotten more than $25,000 in sponsorships – and I know the strategies I learned from her will continue to let me make more money for my business for years to come.[/wp_graphic]
So I know you’re wondering… ‘how much does all this cost?’
Let me answer that with a question of my own:
How do you feel about leaving money – perhaps $25,000 or more – on the table every year?
I bet you are getting that awful feeling in your stomach – or may even be avoiding the question altogether.
But the fact is you ARE leaving money on the table by not securing sponsorships for the visibility you have (and working to have even more of!) And sponsorship is an easy way to really get your message out to your market and get paid to do it!
All you have to do is secure one sponsor at $2500 and you’ve more than paid for the low investment of $1997 for this personalized small group mastermind – with some extra $$ to boot! And in case you are wondering… most of my clients who done the all the work in this program have at least TRIPLED their money back within just a few weeks! Yes, TRIPLED.
And you’ll have everything you need to do it again and again, so you’ll make back your investment AND start putting cash in your pockets quickly.
On top of all that, this is going to SAVE you time and aggravation struggling to try to do this all yourself. Because if you make one mistake approaching a potential sponsor, you’ve lost them forever. (And yes, they will tell their colleagues in other companies to avoid you as well!)
I’ll even make it easier for you by offering a three-payment option.
Just imagine how much easier life will be for you once you understand how to get corporate partnerships the RIGHT way. You’ll be making more money, gaining more prospects and enhancing your brand with just this one marketing tactic! What is THAT worth to you?
And no need to worry… you’re protected!
I know this is a great investment for anyone’s business. It has the potential of really making a HUGE difference to your bottom line… as long as you commit to following through and doing the work.
Just to prove that sponsorships can make a difference to your bottom line, you have 30 days to live with the work and REALLY decide if it’s for you… in your heart. If you decide it’s not, just let me know and get a full refund.
[wp_graphic id=”testimonial3″ type=”testimonial” align=”center” image=”http://shannoncherry.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Nancy-e1363369841935.jpg” name=”Nancy Marmolejo” title=”vivavisibility.com”] Shannon took me by the hand & helped me understand what sponsors are really looking for. And with her help, I was able to generate $40,000 in sponsorships which offset my costs, added prestige, and created a win-win-win for sponsors, my audience, and for myself.[/wp_graphic]
And there are bonuses!
I love giving out REAL bonuses that will make a difference to your sponsorship efforts.
30-minute private session with me to review your proposal – a $997 value. Like I said, I REALLY want to help you succeed in getting sponsorships, and I know the biggest stumbling block is making sure that your sponsorship proposal is right before you send it out. That’s why I’m happy to take a look at yours – anytime in the first 6 months of your investment, to make sure you’re not missing anything. I’ll give you my honest and direct feedback to in a 30-minute call after you send me the proposal. (That way I won’t be wasting your time while I read and review it!) This alone is worth triple the price of this entire program.
2 (two) additional 30-minute private sponsorship strategy session – a $794 value. You already get one session with me at the beginning of the mastermind. I want to give you additional access to me whenever you need it, for up to six months after your investment. You choose when you need a little extra help, and I will be there for you! I promise.
Private forum/group to get feedback and ideas, as well as ask questions – a $197 value. Our group of people who are going through the sponsorship process will not only inspire you, but help you stay on track with your sponsorship efforts.
Ready to get started?
Yes Shannon! I want to start profiting on my visibility by getting sponsors and be one of the ten who attends:
I understand that the Sponsorship Made Simple Training includes:
- 6 (six) training lessons
- Small Group Mastermind Sessions starting May 15th!
- Templates, checklists and samples
- Audio copies of the lessons
- 30-minute Sponsorship Success Strategy session
Plus these additional bonuses:
- 30-minute private proposal review session
- Private forum/group to share ideas and get questions answered
- Two Additional 30-minute Sponsorship Success Strategy session
And I know that I’m covered by your exclusive guarantee.
$1997 for the complete Sponsorship Mastermind program.
E-Z 3-pay option.
$697 billed in 3 payments every 30 days ($2091 total)
Your order will be processed on secure servers.
WANT TO ORDER OFFLINE? No problem! Call 518.632.6212
To your success!
Shannon Cherry, APR, MA
PS – I think I have pretty much explained not only how this mastermind will work, but also what you will get from it. But if you still have any questions, please click on the “Send me a voicemail” tab on the right and ask. I promise I will personally get back to you!