It’s Earth Week! And as you are focusing more on how you can recycle items in your home and business, have you thought about recycling your content as well?
Repurposing your information makes good business sense. It’s a good way to squeeze out as much value as possible from what you already have. And repurposing also helps your customers by providing fantastic information in a variety of ways.
- Take a special download report and use the information for articles. The report is only available for download on your site but you can use several articles within the report to distribute to article directories. Those articles will then work to bring you new subscribers to your site.
- Use products to create an autoresponder series. If you have an info product available for sale (or a free one) you can take snippets of it and turn it into an autoresponder series. This way your customers can preview the information through the AR series and the AR series can promote the actual product.
- Use the content on your blog for a product. If you have articles on your blog you can easily turn these into a product. Simply choose a collection of articles you’ve previously written and make them available in download format for customers. You can choose to use this as a free giveaway to gain more subscribers, or you can turn it into an actual product for purchase. Not everyone is likely to look through your whole blog to find the content. Also, people will often pay for the convenience of having the information at their fingertips without having to search for it.
- Use your newsletter to attract search engines. If you have a regular newsletter or ezine which you send out make sure you also add it to your site or blog pages after sending. This will help you attract more search engine traffic and will give customers an archive to view previous newsletters.
- Turn your audios into other formats. If you have audios on your website, use them to get more free search engine traffic. Have the audios transcribed and make them available. This also gives your customers options, as some people will prefer to read rather than listen to an audio.
Now although it won’t save the planet, with a little thinking and planning you can make your information go a long way. And if you’re looking for a complete system to help you recycle it, check out http://contenttoprofit.com