Whether you sell coaching services or info products… Whether you sell copywriting or social media expertise… Whether you’re a floral designer or IT consultant…
You need a list. After all, without a list of targeted prospects, you will have a harder time selling your products and/or services.
People are more dubious than ever about opting in so you can get their contact information. So how are you going to get your target market to give you their details? There’s a lot of Internet marketing techniques that can help. From article marketing to ezines, from free special reports to adword campaigns – every one of them can add people to your list. They are great as a long-term way to grow an email list, but often times, quite slow in generating leads.
The key to creating a list quickly – and effectively – is to create a specific promotion that your target market wants to be a part of.
A promotion is publicity technique that uses a special event or special circumstances that creates a buzz both online and offline to motivate your target market to do something in this case, willingly become a subscriber.
Here are some creative ways to use promotion to grow your subscriber base:
- Hop on a holiday. Offer a special freebie as part of a holiday celebration. There’s always a holiday around the corner, so don’t miss this opportunity to create a lead-generating promotion around it. Felicia Slattery is doing it this month for Effective Communications Month.
- I won! Create different contests for different niche markets and provide a much-wanted prize for the winner. Of course, part of the entry requirement would be opting in to your database!
- Membership has its privileges. Allow your potential customerto become a part of an exclusive club, with freebies, coupons and other membership benefits.
- The survey says. Asking your target market to take a survey to measure their own results compared to others can be extremely effective. A great example of this is Karner Blue Marketing’s The Website Checkup.
- Birthday Bonanza! Give a birthday gift/coupon to anyone who signs up to your special birthday list.
But if you really want to step your list promotion up a notch, you can create your own holiday. There are a few ways to make it official and get media coverage as a result (which can also grow your list) and I’m sharing it all starting next week at my List Building Promotion Secrets.
I’ve done this same technique for a six years and have tripled my subscribers as a result. Recently I conducted a holiday creation promotion for a client as well. The result: 1000 new targeted subscribers in one day.
Let me show you how to create your own holiday, build you credibility and your list, while getting published in a major national book, and in major news media outlets. (One strategy shows you how you can get the Associated Press, one of the news media’s premier news sources, to promote your holiday to thousands of media outlets.)
Go to http://ListBuildingPromotionSecrets.com to find out all the details.