It doesn’t matter what business your in. It doesn’t matter if you sell products or services, or even both You need a list. After all, it’s the list that is who you can easily sell to again and again.
That’s all well and good, but how do you get a list of prospects without doing something sleazy?
There’s a lot of internet marketing techniques that can help. From article marketing to ezines, from free special reports to adword campaigns: every one of them can add people to your list. They are great as a long-term system consistent process, but often times, quite slow in generating leads.
If you want to add a bit of speed to your list building, you need to create a promotion.
A promotion is publicity technique that uses a special event or special circumstances that creates a buzz both online and offline to motivate your target market to do something – in this case, willingly become part of your email list.
Here are some creative ways to use promotion in your list building activities:
- Hop on a holiday. Offer a special freebie as part of a holiday celebration. There’s always a holiday around the corner, so don’t miss this opportunity to create a list-generating promotion around it.
- I won! Create different contests for different niche markets and provide a much-wanted prize for the winner. Of course, part of the entry requirement would be signing up to your list!
- Membership has its privileges. Allow your prospect to become a part of an exclusive club, with freebies, coupons and other membership benefits.
- The survey says. Asking your target market to take a survey to measure their own results compared to others can be extremely effective,A great example of this is Karner Blue Marketing’s The Website Checkup at http://www.TheWebsiteCheckup.com
- Birthday Bonanza! Give a birthday gift/coupon to anyone who signs up to your special birthday list.
And don’t forget to send out a press release about your promotion to the media that your prospects read, listen or watch to extend your reach and your presence.