If you have ever been to a live internet marketing style event, you probably have faced at least one of these:
- The pitchfest – where no matter what who the multitude of speakers are you are encouraged to buy, buy, buy… and often times the items each ‘guru’ is selling is unrelated to the event you are attending.
- The ‘I’m the star.’ – where the person is doing it to boost their own ego and claim their way is the ONLY path you should follow.
- The hidden schedules or agendas. Have you ever been to a live event where one of the speakers went over his/her time pushing the agenda to its max, leaving you little time to take a break? Or perhaps you didn’t even get a schedule of what’s going on at all? Both are sneaky techniques to make you uncomfortable, to keep you off balance so you will more likely make a purchase.
- The entourage or secret VIP access to the host. I can’t count how many times I’ve attend a live event where the speaker/host was simply inaccessible. If you dared approached her you would get someone from her entourage telling you that the speaker is ‘saving her energy’ for the stage. (This is even more infuriating when you see the speaker chatting it up with his or her VIPs.)
- The “too busy to network”. Many hosts won’t give you ample time to network during the day… that’s because the more you focus on others you can’t focus on them and their hypnotic sales banter.
And I say enough already.
That’s why I’ve decide to reveal my secret identity to you.
If you are looking for your own champion in your business, check out Business Charm School at http://BusinessCharmSchool.com