I have a few more reasons but before I share them, I ask you to think about how you can create sponsorship packages for companies with these reasons in mind:
- It allows a company to stand out from the crowd. The mere act of sponsoring an event, a promotion or even a person, is a significant way to create competitor differentiation. It allows smaller companies to equal the playing field a bit, when their competitors have bigger marketing budgets.
- It’s cheaper than traditional advertising and has a better reach. You know it costs thousands to advertise just once. But to do it consistently, it takes a lot more money. Sponsorships allow companies to cut their advertising and reach out to their target market directly.
- They don’t have to do the work. For the company that sponsors, there is very little marketing work to do. So it frees up staff to work on other marketing endeavors and puts it in the hands of someone who has direct access to a target market they want to reach.
The last one is key. Corporate sponsors want to be assured that you can handle the promotion (and their good name) on their behalf.
I’m hosting a free 30-minute call on August 25 at 8 PM ET to share with you some of the other issues that come up when seeking sponsorships. You can join me by registering at http://www.sponsorshipmadesimple.com/freecall.
- Why companies have millions of dollars to dole out
- Why a company would be interested in you and what you’re doing
- What you really need to offer to land a sponsorship
- What a sponsorship can pay for
- And much, much more!
Find out more at http://www.sponsorshipmadesimple.com/freecall
In the meantime, have you gotten any ideas of things you’re already doing – or planning on doing – that can get underwritten by a sponsor? Let me know what you come up with by leaving comment. I’ll be happy to quickly let you know if I think it’s a viable option for sponsorships!