How’s your desk look?
Come on, be honest.
If you are like most people, a cluttered desk will keep you disorganized in your business. (The only exception I know to this is my husband, who’s desk is literally jam-packed with stuff! See this photo of his desk? I don’t know how he accomplishes ANYTHING!)
For me, if my space is too busy and full of stuff, my mind gets cluttered too!
And if you didn’t know, today is National Clean Off Your Desk Day. Celebrated the second Monday in January, it’s your opportunity (yes, even you, my dear husband) to organize their space in preparation for the new year of work that lies ahead.
Still not inspired to clean off your desk? Here’s a few statistics that may get your mojo working:
- 85 Percent of workers who believe that a clean desk says that “someone is on top of things.”
- 40 Percent of workers who admit to “frequently” losing paperwork because of their messy desks
- Almost 21,000 — Number of bacteria per square inch on the typical worker’s desk.
- More than 25,000 — Number of bacteria per square inch on the typical worker’s phone.
- Workers lose the equivalent of almost a week of work a year looking for files, online documents, staplers and other materials.
Let me inspire you a bit more. Post a before and after photo of your desk cleaning on my Facebook page at http://Facebook.com/BizCharmSchool. I will select a winner from all those who post this week (deadline: January 15) to win some cool prizes, including some organizing items and 3-month access to my Tweak It And Profit Program.