The last two months of the year are often times the most profitable. That’s because people are already in a buying mood. So how do you take advantage of the extra traffic and get more opt-ins, as well as make some additional money? And how do you do it during the busiest time of the year?
It’s easy if you follow the five steps below:
Step 1: Get Your Website Ready!
Before you start driving traffic to your site, make sure you have it ‘user-friendly’. To make sure it’s ready for your target market, ask yourself these questions:
- Is your shopping cart working? I know that may seem like an obvious ‘yes, of course it is’ answer, but have you gone through the purchasing process yourself ensuring that everything is working as it should?
- Are there broken links? It’s time to fix them. Try http://validator.w3.org/checklink to find the broken links.
- How easy is it for people to search your site? Do you have a search button on the main page?
- Is the navigation easy and logical? Sometimes what we think is intuitive really isn’t. Have someone else take a look and see what they think.
- Are your customers’ transactions secure? Nothing is a bigger turn off to a potential buyer than thinking their personal information isn’t safe.
- How fast does your website load? If it’s more than 3 seconds, you are going to lose customers.
- Are you backing up your website? The unthinkable does happen. Be prepared.
Step 2: Make your site tell search engines it’s holiday friendly.
Using keywords and phrases related to the season always drives more traffic. Find out what keywords your audience might use to find you during the holidays and optimize your site for them.
Step 3: Promote with the season in mind.
Find a few promotional ideas to add to the holiday spirit. Here are a few to get you started:
- A Holiday discount.
- A Free trial.
- A packaged discount.
- A free bonus.
- Free delivery.
- A buy now, pay later option.
- Loyalty programs
Step 4: Add a special holiday service or product.
You have so many options for this. Let your imagination be your guide! You can do anything, including:
- creating a new product
- doing a joint venture
- combine products or service exclusively for the holidays
- provide an all-access pass to everything you have
- and much more
Step 5: Go to the market!
Once you have your website ready, your products and promotions ready to go, it’s time to market your holiday sale. Add a little more to the things that are currently working for you for the best success. For example, if email is your best way to get more sales, add more emails during this season.
Seasonal marketing allows you to really capitalize on what’s going on and making a profit to boot! If you want more ideas on how to incorporate seasonal marketing in your business, check out this month’s Tweak It and Profit at http://tweakitandprofit.com