Many people put a lot of thought in creating a product to sell online. And many secretly think that having it will allow them to make tons of money easily.
But without a promotion plan, no one will know about your product at all. And that would be a bad return on your investment of time, energy, and perhaps money.
With a little forethought you can even start promoting before hand. Follow these tips:
- Pin the product cover on Pinterest and tag your sales page or buy link in the description. If you’ve created several products consider creating a board on Pinterest and then pin all of the covers. It’s a fun way to promote your products and gain new prospects. Pinterest is exceptional for driving traffic to a website.
- Tweet Snippets. Use Twitter to share tantalizing snippets from your product. For example, you might tweet some of the more compelling questions or facts And remember to link to your book’s sales page.
- Blog about it. Write blog posts that are directly linked to your product and your product’s topic. For example, this blog post is about product promotion, which directly ties to my new free training 5 Steps to Passive Profits, which talks about creating and launching infoproducts that sell. At the end of the post, transition to a short paragraph about your product and include a link. Guest blog posts are helpful as well because they broaden your reach and increase awareness.
- Write a press release. Assuming your product provides value and solves a problem, then you can generate a press release that the media may be interested in. Imagine how powerful an article in the local paper or a spot on local news might be for sales and credibility.
- Create a video. They’re like mini movies that help promote the your product and entice prospects to buy.
If you haven’t released your product just yet, consider building buzz by building anticipation for it. Let prospects know when to expect it.
You spent a good amount of time and energy creating your infoproduct. Help it succeed by creating a promotional plan. Share the good news and let people know about it! Embrace all of the marketing and promotional resources at your disposal.
And if you need more help, check out my free training 5 Steps to Passive Profits at http://5StepstoPassiveProfits.com