“How can I grow my list?”
It was one of the top questions I got on last week and the focus of the Private VIP Intensive I did with a client the week before that.
Growing a list isn’t, once you have all the steps in place. Here are some additional tips to help:
1) Write the copy for your lead capture page with your prospects’ point of view in mind. Keep in mind that it’s far easier to convince people when you are in agreement with their train of thought than it is to force them to see it your way. Often times, you can use questions to get them agreeing with you. For example, here are the questions I use on my landing page at http://www.beheardsolutions.com.
- confused about why your marketing isn’t working well anymore?
- overwhelmed with all the things on your to-do list to promote your products, programs and services?
- frustrated by following a ‘blueprint’ and still not seeing the results you want?
- spinning your wheels looking for ways to get more visibility and exposure?
2) Don’t make it difficult for your prospects. Deciding on whether or not they should entrust you with their email address is already hard enough. So, if they do give you their email address, give them what they asked for right away.
3) Give away something of value. It could be a report, an ebook, a video clip, an e-course, an audio recording, etc. – so long as it’s not junk. Make it something that people will love you for.
4) Provide a preview of what people will receive once they sign up to your list. Remember what was mentioned earlier about “targeted and qualified” lists? This should reduce your chances of getting people who will sign up to your list “by mistake”.