Congratulations. You were able to get media coverage about yourself or your business.
Now’s the time to use the publicity to get more visibility for you and your business. Whether you were used as a quoted expert, conducted a radio interview, or was published in a nationally-acclaimed magazine, you can reuse this visibility to get more media coverage for you and your business.
Here are some ideas to use so you can make sure to turn yesterday’s news into today’s publicity!
1) Develop a relationship. After getting news exposure, send a simple yet thoughtful thank you note with out a pitch. When you send a media release or a pitch story to that same editor or journalist, he or she will most likely remember your kindness and give your news more credence. Continue to sustain a professional yet appropriately social relationship with journalists by contacting them occasionally to find out what stories they are working on, and how you may be able to help.
2) Compile it into a free ebook. You can take the published material, include some additional content and compile it into an ebook to increase your list. You are generating web exposure since this increases the likelihood of you popping up during Google, Yahoo, or other Internet searches.
3) Show it off. There’s nothing like prospects walking in your door and seeing framed articles featuring you. It assures them you know what you’re doing.
4) Refer to the coverage on your website. Not only should you mention the coverage on the main page and in your bio, but you should also include a link to the news story. Set up a media area on your website as well, and post where you’ve gotten media coverage.
5) Repackage the winning materials. Don’t let the idea that got you the coverage sit on the shelf. Reuse it! You can take a published article and turn it into a speech, compose another angle for a fresh story idea, use it as a topic for a seminar, or write up a tip sheet.
6) Cite it in your autoresponder. Whenever someone signs up to your list online,, they usually receive an autoresponder. Be sure that the autoresponder mentions your recent success so that it can give your name more credibility and as a result create additional potential for new prospects.
7) Add it to your signature. In your signature on forums and in emails, mention some of your most recent coverage by starting with the phrase, ‘As featured in…’.This way, your prospects will always link your name to your accomplishment and the media coverage.
Learn more on how to get media coverage with Penny Pinching Publicity. In this plug-and-play membership program, you will receive press releases, media contacts, laser coaching, ebooks and more.