You’re looking at your closet… at a loss as to what to wear. You pull something out and unsure, you put it back.
You try again. This time trying the item on. You look at yourself in the mirror and cock your head. You turn, cocking your head again to check yourself out.
You look at another couple of outfits, then go back to the item you originally selected and throw it out, because you are running out of time.
And even though you look just dandy, you still keep questioning your choice.
If this doesn’t sound familiar because you are a whiz at choosing your clothes (and if you are… bless you and come to my closet!), I bet it happens in other aspects in your life – particularly your business.
I’ve been seeing a lot of indecision lately with people in my circles. I’ve seen practically it all:
From the mundane:
- deciding what to eat
- choosing a treadmill at the gym
- determining which magazine to buy for your trip
To the more important:
- figuring out who to invest in as a coach
- finding a photographer for the family portrait
- deciding on where to go on vacation
- changing a relationship
- deciding where to move
- determining what kind of business to start
And the constant hand-wringing without any movement forward is driving me crazy.
Some people use excuses to explain why they aren’t making decisions:
- I’m still figuring it out by weighing the pros and cons.
- I am trying to decide if the timing is right.
- I’m waiting for x (fill in the blank) before I determine the right path.
- It’s not my decision to make really.
But it’s not the excuses that irritate me. It’s the continued lack of action… the continued ‘maybe this… or this… or this.’ with a healthy dose of ‘I’m not happy.’ or ‘I’m not making any money.’ or “I’m not where I want to be.’
You can choose to make excuses or you can choose to get results.
Results come from taking action, not milling around in purgatory. But I know it’s difficult at times to break the habit. That’s why I created this handy infographic to help you. Click to get it here. Once you do, just right click and select ‘save as…’ to download. And please feel free to share it!
Big journeys begin with small steps. But the thing is you cannot move forward without taking a step. So the decision is yours…