As you may recall, I after running around the building to get the license paid for, I had to go back to the City Clerk’s office to prove I’ve paid for the license (on a whole ‘nother floor, I might add).
Finally, something good and efficient happens! The woman has used the time I was gone to get everything prepared. So as soon as I give her the receipt she hands over the dog license and even the tags.
I am cheered by this unexpected efficiency. But when I get back out, I realize that it is now so late that I cancel my next meeting.
Lesson four: The human touch, with an extra effort to help, can make up for a lot of other frustrations. Yet while human intervention can make up for bad systems, the fix
is only temporary, but the bad system is permanent.
Of course, the dog license is only for one year. Next year, I will have to repeat this whole rigmarole by going down to City Hall in person (and don’t expect them to send me a reminder either.)
Lesson five: If you require people to pay on a regular schedule—even if it is just once a year—you sho uld set up a system to automate that payment. When you make a new payment the default option, you will get far more payments for far less effort than when non-payment is the default.
Once I cancelled my meeting, I had time to think about how bad my experience was. I started listing all the problems and inefficiencies I encountered.
Lesson six: If you have an inefficient system, you will not only tick off your customers, but they are going to start finding other faults, and start spreading the word about their dissatisfaction. They may even write snarky blog posts about their bad experience. An unsatisfied customer is a critical customer–and they will share that criticism with other your customers and competition.
When I got home I discovered I had sold another of my new Accelerated Business Building Intensives, I had made $797 and created another satisfied customer.
Lesson seven: Internet marketing is a modern miracle of frictionless client service. By creating efficient marketing, sales, and product delivery systems, you can help people anywhere in the world, at any time of the day, with instant service in exchange for instant payment. When it is done right, Internet marketing rocks!
By all means, I am not saying the system is perfect. You do have to continue to work at it, improve it as time goes on and technology changes. But a lot of it has to do with good communication skills. And that’s what the Accelerated Business Building VIP Intensive is all about.
Here’s what you can learn in less than 60 days when you join Felicia Slattery and me for this unique program:
- Clarity on your niche, your brand, who you are, what you have to offer, and who you have to offer it to.
- A complete visibility plan to get more people interested in who you are and what you offer to the world.
- List building strategies that get you quality prospects (you know, the ones who will BUY what you offer).
- Crafting sales pages and offers that appeal to your target market. We’ll show you how to get and keep their attention so they want to work with you.
- Revealing the hidden money you’ve been leaving on the table in your business. We’ll dig deep to find the money leaks and show you how to plug them up quickly. That means more cash without a lot of extra effort!
- Creating a business that works around YOUR lifestyle. Don’t want to work when the kids get home from school? Want to take every Friday off? Or take off all the breaks that your kids have? We’ll show you the secrets of how to do it!
Find out more about this truly one-of-a-kind program and how we’ll help you accelerate your business in less than 60 days by going to http://vipwithshannonandfelicia.com.