Ready for a change in your business? Ready to make some small “tweaks” that can mean big money?
First step is to start looking at your habits and your processes.
Are you spending lots of time handling behind-the-scenes tasks on your website? Wouldn’t it be great if you could put some of those tasks autopilot and tend to more important matters of business? After all, time is money and if you can get some of your work automated, you have more time to work on things that bring in revenue!
Things like updating your WordPress site can be downright tedious. but by installing new plug-ins, themes, and other administrative tasks that my apply directly to running your business, you can save valuable time through automation.
WordPress Plug-Ins That You Simply Must Have
To increase productivity, here are a few treasures just for you.
* WordPress Automatic Upgrade plug-in: This plug-in will automatically upgrade your website with the latest version of WordPress when it becomes available. You won’t have to download or upload any files. It will also back up files for you. Don’t worry about plug-ins that are running either. It will turn them off and then reactivate them when installation is finished.
*BackupBuddy: Produced by PluginBuddy of iThemes, this premium WordPress backup plugin is designed to not only backup your entire WP site but to help you restore it and migrate it elsewhere when needed.
* WPAds : If you are displaying ads on your website, it might be best to rotate them from time to time for maximum exposure. This plug-in can do that for you. Simply define your ad positions and what ads you want to rotate through them and it will randomly do just that for you when activated.
* Google Sitemap Generator: Websites become that much friendlier when there is a sitemap for visitors to browse. This plug-in creates an XML sitemap for you that is compatible with the major search engines.
* Autoblogged: Allows you to turn RSS feeds into blog posts on your site. This is great for gathering information from your feeds and repurposing it on your site. It has customizable options to make it even simpler to accomplish this task. Be sure that the RSS feeds you choose to pull from are yours or you have gained permission to use them.
* SEO By Yoast: Helps takes the guesswork out of optimizing SEO for your content. Using the snippet preview you can see a rendering of what your post or page will look like in the search results, whether your title is too long or too short and your meta description makes sense in the context of a search result. This way the plugin will help you not only increase rankings but also increase the click through for organic search results.
* WP Admin Switcher: Switch easily between the admin interfaces of all your blogs with this plug-in. Now you don�t have to have several windows open and go through hoopla each time you want to work on another blog.
The bottom line is, the more automation you have that work FOR you (rather than against you) gives you more power and ultimately more money. It’s small tweaks like this than can make a BIG difference in your bottom line.