A Declaration of Business Independence
First declared on the 4th of July 2011
We hold these truths to be self-evident: that running our own business delivers independence from the tyranny of bosses and the constraints of corporate conformism; and that our own enterprise enables us to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Therefore, as entrepreneurs and business owners, we declare our right to:
- Create the lifestyles we have always wanted
- Succeed on our own terms
- Choose who works with us and for us
- Do what we want, when we want
- Invest our time, talent and treasure with any partner we value and only with partners we value
- Develop new products and services whenever we see fit
- Transcend borders, cultures and creeds by focusing on people not places
- Provide our customers with more than they have paid for
- Drop everything to do something we love with someone we love
- Find the best way to meet our customers’ needs and then just do it
- Bring home a lot more money because we earned it doing good business
- Give something back to customers without asking for anything in return
- Work from wherever we want: be it business office, beach, bar or our bedroom
- Join with partners and clients to create new opportunities for business independence
We acknowledge that the best way to secure these rights for ourselves is to help our clients fulfill these rights in their own lives and businesses.
Shannon Cherry, BeHeardSolutions.com
Matt Cherry, CherryCommunications.com
Declare your business independence now!
Please add your name, and comments, below.