We’ve all heard how the money is in the list. But to be successful you must not only have a list, but continue growing it.
No matter what you what you need a bigger list for: to get more followers on your blog or to get more people interested in your products or services, you most likely know that building your list can make the difference in your profits.
Some will go out and buy the first email address list they can find and many may not realize that this can be classified as a form of spamming, especially if the names on that list start receiving information that they had not asked for.
This makes creating a list seem like a daunting task, but it’s not as difficult as you may think. And if you’ve been building your list for a while and feel like you’ve hit a plateau, this list should give you some new areas to concentrate on. After all, there is always more you can do to increase your list.
Here are some simple tips that can help you build the perfect mailing list:
1. Include your opt-in box to the top side menu of each page (above the fold as they say) and include it to your blog too. RSS feed buttons aren’t always used as many people still prefer good ‘old-fashioned’ email. Plus, you get to attract more people by using a call to action, then just the RSS feed button.
2. Advertise your opt-in page in your article bylines. Instead of linking to a general page of your website, link to a highly-relevant opt-in page where they can get more info on the article’s topic.
3. Write a few guest blog posts for some highly trafficked blogs. Make sure you include links to your opt-in page in your post.
4. Don’t forget your signature! Include a promotion for your opt-in page in your signature lines. Think: the emails you send out in your day-to-day correspondence, forum signatures, etc.
5. Create a video that includes an enticement to sign up for your mailing list. Verbally invite viewers to your opt-in page and include a watermark on the video with a link to your opt-in page. Post the video on your blog and encourage your readers to republish or link to your video. Publish it to YouTube and other video sharing sites and choose targeted keyword placement.
If you want to see one in action, I’ve recently done this myself at http://www.DiscoverEasyListBuilding.com
6. Arrange a free teleseminar or webinar on a hot area in your niche. Make attendees sign up for access to the call-in details.
7. Don’t forget press releases. The media often will promote your freebie at no cost, if it is suitable for their audience.
Want to learn more secrets to building your list quickly? Check out http://www.ListBuildingPromotionSecrets.com