People go to sources they see as reliable and trustworthy when they’re looking for information. As a business owner, this basic principle of human behavior can definitely work in your favor.
When you provide information relevant to your area of expertise, you build your credibility in the minds of consumers, who will come to see you as a trusted source of valuable information and as an expert in your field. This means that when these people are in need of what you have to offer, they will naturally turn to you – the expert!
Establishing a name for yourself as a news source and a trusted voice that consumers will turn to for information – this brings your business valuable word of mouth publicity.
Here’s some tips on becoming a trusted news source:
- Know who your audience is and speak directly to them. You need to be able to identify with your audience and vice versa. Show them that you understand their needs and are dedicated to meeting them. Obviously, you can only do this well when you understand who your audience is and how they think. If you want to get your message across effectively, then you have to communicate with them in the way which will make the greatest impact.
- Build some relationships with your local media outlets. Knowing people in the media gives you connections which will be valuable when you issue press releases or other information. These people are also themselves great sources for information.
- Get to know what other small businesses in your area are doing. Go to the events they sponsor and find out about what they’re offering and more importantly, how they are offering it. You may be able to pick up some tips which can help your business as well. Attending these events also lets you get some insight as to how the public responds to their products. Remember, you need to know the consumer to really connect with them. If you’re attending an event held by a business in the same industry, you can write about the event (and include some information on your own company as well). Take advantage of every opportunity to get media exposure for your business.
- Write some newsworthy, informative content. Write articles about products, services or even events; these give you the opportunity to provide information to your potential customers. Make sure that what you’re writing about is genuinely newsworthy – this is your chance to be a news provider, so make every one of these opportunities count. When you give people information they can use, you establish your credibility as a news source and help build your business in the bargain.
- If you have the opportunity, do some public speaking. You can demonstrate your expertise in your field in front of an audience – and when people see you speak, they are much more likely to remember you and to regard you as a trustworthy source of information.
When you have the chance to get publicity for yourself, take it! Establish yourself as an expert and consumers will come to you when they need your products or services.
And if you’re looking for a way to establish your expertise easily using the power of publicity, check out the Attract More Clients and Customers – and Get a Little Famous with Free Publicity.
The Attract More Clients and Customers – and Get a Little Famous with Free Publicity program is a complete video, audio and workbook program that helps you get free publicity with my exclusive system I only use for my clients. You’ll walk away with:
- a complete 12-month publicity plan
- your first press release written and ready to go
- a system to find the right reporters for that (and every) press release
- my exclusive SEO/ social media formula that reaches more journalists – and drives clients and customers to your virtual door
If you are looking to make more money this year – and do it on a limited marketing budget – then you need to grab a copy of this program today.
There’s a special coupon code that’s only valid until Thursday. So you need to get your discount now, while it’s still available.
And don’t forget to use the coupon code: 50409 to only pay $37 for the complete system!